While I'll save the main update for her 5 month birthday, I'll give you a little snap-shot of how her fourth month has been shaping up (more so because I don't want to forget).
* Parker has been our drool monster and rolling machine. She is perfecting both with little issue.
* We had our first round of antibiotics for a double ear infection. It made me sad to think the fourth thing she ever tasted in this big world of ours is penicillin ... :( The first being breast milk, the second a bit of formula and the third water. Too be honest, I was shocked that she had an ear infection, I had taken her to the doctor because she had a pretty bad cough that was making me really nervous. The good news is that she is back to her normal self now!
| Could you guess that she has a double ear infection? |
* Parker spent her first overnight without daddy around... Gene did some traveling about two weeks ago and it was the first time the two were separated overnight. Gene had a good time and so did Parker and I, even though she wasn't feeling the best. We were thankful for Grandma and Grandpa Mazur for hanging out with us and checking in and for my running buddy (now neighbor) who did well-being checks on us... Overall we had a nice bachlorette weekend, even if not having daddy around at night made Mommy nervous and sleepless... We know the next time Mommy will do better.
* Parker is very into faces and loves touching them. It will be fun when she can identify her own nose, eyes. mouth and ears herself.
* If there was ever a doubt before, there isn't now... She recognizes Mommy, Daddy and Grandma for sure! Her whole body lights up when she sees any of us and it's so sweet. The best "I'm so happy to see you" happened last week with Gene, if I had only had a camera at that moment, it was priceless!
* Parker is still giving open mouth drool love to anyone who wants it and seems to be giving hugs, though she probably doesn't know what they are. She is very sweet and loves to be cuddled (especially at the end of the day).
* Parker started Baby Yoga this month at school and seems to be enjoying it. My understanding is that she farts like a trucker during it, but then seems to be even more pleasant the rest of the day. I guess it's helping! LOL
We are looking forward to Parker's first Thanksgiving next week! More pictures and updates to come.
| Sleepy baby, cuddling with puppy... |
| Cutie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment