Wednesday, February 27, 2013

8 months

Happy 8 month Birthday Parker!  We just wanted to get a few notes down about life with you at 8 months so we don't forget....Pardon the lack of detail in this post, but time is scarce as you are A-L-W-A-Y-S moving and mommy and daddy are re-configuring our lives to accommodate your need for speed and standing on your shaky little legs.

Let's hit the basics...

  • You are presently 15.5 pounds (like a big turkey) and wear size 6 months clothes, I have been putting you in 9 months just to get some wear out of the winter ones, the onesies are fine but the leggings need a drawstring for your little waist.  You are also in size 2 diapers still, but I'm thinking in the next month or so we will move up to the 3's.   
  • You are still getting a combo of breast milk and formula, though today on your 8 month birthday I did not bring my pump to work, so we are definitely heading into formula only zone probably by month 9.  The mommy guilt involved with that is stronger than I expected, but I know you will handle this change just fine.
  • You love Yo-Baby  yogurt, you would eat that and oatmeal all the time if we would let you.  You also love water and the spout on your sippy cup, it must feel pretty good on those teeth that are trying to come in.
  • You are sleeping pretty well and are in a pretty regular routine for the most part.  You still wake at least once per night and are missing your paci.  Our act of placing 2-3 paci's in the crib hasn't helped much with this, but it's ok...at this point you very rarely want to be picked up for a cuddle, you just want that paci in your hand.
The fun stuff....
  • You are a moving machine.  Thinking about it as I type this makes me tired.  You are crawling everywhere and you have very little fear (except for slamming doors and hair dryers make you jumpy).  You pull up to stand anywhere and everywhere and have started to cruise the furniture.  You are into everything and don't  want to be left out of a thing!  If we head into the kitchen you are right behind like a shadow.  You love the fireplace, which scares the sh*t out of mommy...fire or not!
  • You have almost mastered "So Big."  When asked how big you are, you will raise both arms up.  We have been practicing (especially your Grandma) with you for months and you have got it down girl, so proud!  (Video to come)
  • You are also catching onto baby sign language and you do "more" and "eat" with some consistency it's pretty cool to see.  We are working on thank you and I know you will be getting it before we know it.
  • You are so chatty!  You got the mama, mama, mama and da, da, da down and are starting to make other vowel sounds as well.  Your ba, ba, ba has changed to bo, bo, bo and Daddy and I are trying to teach you the word BOOM, just cause it's fun, not that it has any real value.  
  • You love books and love to be read to.  It's one of my favorite things to do with you, even if that means we have to read Baby At The Farm 20x in a row...(Parker please know this is true, so when you yell at me when you are 18 that I embarrass you, please remember I read Baby At The Farm and made all the farm animal sounds to go with it 20x in a row to you on multiple days...and you LOVED it!)
  • Puffs, more puffs please! This month you got the hang of eating puffs and it's starting to open both of our worlds as we head into more solid foods!  
Can't wait to see what you come up with this next month.  You change everyday!

(I'll update with pics soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment