Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Parker



Sweet P-


A year ago I dreamed that your first birthday would be a huge celebration of you and for Daddy and I that we had all made it through our first year together and while your birthday celebration has been awesome, I didn't realize that it would also be so bittersweet. I am so excited to see the little lady you are becoming and watch all of the things you are accomplishing, but it is also sad to watch your baby days fly by (so fast). No other year in your life or ours will ever be quite like the last year.   You have now experienced a year of "firsts" and have done an intense amount of growing both physically and emotionally, it's been amazing to be part of your once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

You have been our greatest adventure and the last year has been incredible for daddy and I...not always easy but it has been a blessing that no words could describe.   There were a couple of months in the beginning when we second guessed every move we made with you or every sound you made, but together we overcame ear infections and our fears and have become a pretty incredible family of three.  You have taught me so much about love, generosity, persistence and patience in the last year and have helped me become the Mama and person I want to be.  I’m pretty sure there is no one else in the world I would read “Baby at the Farm” with over and over and over and over again without hesitation and love it, as much as I love reading it to you.  ;) 


We knew from the beginning that you would be serious, focused and determined…You were determined to stay in me for as long as you could and when you finally made your debut you watched and observed people, places and things with such focus; I could almost see your mind discerning where you were, what was happening around you and if it was all ok.  You have remained my thoughtful observer and I hope that skill remains with you, as I know it will take you far in life.  You do not sit still and are into or running past everything.  You are our water baby… You love to splash and play in the water whenever given the opportunity!  Your love for books and words is awesome, you have a desperate desire to soak up all you can, daily.  I hope your love for reading also continues there is nothing better than the escape that a good book can bring.  


Every day you do something new or say something different and grow up a little more. I am working at trying to remember all of these little things about you, as I'm afraid as time goes on I will forget all the little things you do like: the little “oh” face you made during your first few months of life, the way you lean yourself just a little bit forward while checking something new out, the way you clap for yourself and smile with your whole being when you accomplish something new, your belly laughs from thinking you are so funny, they way you say “hi baby” to yourself in the mirror, the way you will carry a book over with two hands and then crawl into my lap and sit so nicely as we read the book.  The way your head starts to drift to one side when you are full and getting sleepy....I’ll take all of those moments and more while I can get them…one day, sooner than I probably realize these moments will be gone and you will be "Oh Mom'ing me." 




When you were born it took awhile before I got to see you for the first time…Daddy was by you in an instant, but when I finally got some time with you, I remember you taking my breath away.  Well, sweet girl as you turn one I have a feeling you will continue to take my breath away.  We love you with all our heart and would give you the world.  Happy First Birthday!  The first of many little cupcake!

Love,  Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment