Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pneumonia

If it's not one thing, it's another...

Please just leave me with my blanket and ba-ba
and don't think about making me
try a sippy cup today!
A few weeks ago, I was just falling asleep when I heard this awful noise on the monitor, a noise I had never heard before.  I flew out of bed and to P's room flipping on the light switch to see her still sleeping, but puking at the same time.  I lifted her up and woke her gently as I tried to calmly call for Gene.  We got her cleaned up and the bed re-made and realized that she had a fever of 102.  She was pretty lethargic and went back to sleep relatively quickly once we dosed her up with some baby Tylenol and rocked her a bit.  I wish I could say the same for me.  I thought about that noise all night and a thousand thoughts filled my head.  P had, had a fever the week before but it had gone away...Something was not right, I was sure it was her ears. The next morning, we called the doctor and learned P had pneumonia...

How the heck do you get pneumonia in AUGUST??!!

Our sweet girl took her medicine like a champ and slept a lot...We were thankful to have Grandma come and stay with her Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but she still was not beating the fever and we ended up taking her a chest x-ray... Just to learn that the pneumonia had spread.

On Thursday and Friday her other Grandma came to snuggle and play.  Friday P went back to the doctor again and had a super shot of antibiotics... By that Sunday a little over a week later (and lots and lots of snuggles and love by everyone) she was a spit fire and with the exception of long naps was owning her world again!

This week we are working on getting some molars...  So, that's fun!
A mere four days later catching up for a little bit with her buddy Chase.
Please note the yellow sippy cup...it was ok to drink milk from then!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment