Friday, November 15, 2013

16 months

Dear P -

At 16 months (almost 17 months) you are so fun, but you are growing WAY.To.FAST!  Your smile lights up the room and your tantrums will make anyone stop in their tracks.  You talk a mile a minute and 70% of the time you make some sort of sense to us.  You are the queen mimic and are fiercely independent.  You love to give huggies (hugs) and to blow kisses.  You still LOVE your books, our favorites at the moment are Moo, Baa, La,La,La; Barnyard Dance and anything biscuit, clifford or Halloween!

At this age I want to remember that you are just learning to color (thanks to a little nudge from grandma), you want to help with everything from raking leaves to sweeping the floor, but your favorite is moving clothes from the washer to the dryer.  You have learned to say bless you after a sneeze by anyone (including yourself) and that "peas" (please) with a smile, followed by a "tank-u" (thank you) will get you just about anything you want.

You eat like a champ but would prefer fruit at any given time or a cracker with some hummus.  Your love for avocado is waining a bit, but you always choose the healthy offering over anything else.   You have started to walk into school all on your own and you work it when you enter the big kid classroom.  You are the super star of the Lisle Kinder Care.  This last month your first teacher there left for another school, it has been hardest on mommy, but you have taken it all in stride!

If I could keep you this age for awhile I would…I love your mamma's and daddy's as you shout with glee, I love how you play with your little tea pot and cups and warn everyone that it's very hot.  I love that you know the Hawkeyes and think that every football player is a Hawkeye ready for a touch down, I love that you are so silly!   At times I even love your highs and lows, as you are testing to see what you can get away with.

You are our sweet, sweet girl!

Love, Mama

Go Bears!

Being silly!

Teeth brushing is a big deal around here!

Girlie tu-tu

Don't bug me mom, I'm coloring!



No comments:

Post a Comment