- Wash sheets and put on crib mattress - check
- Hang alphabet on wall - check
-Hang curtains in baby's room - check
- Wash a few clothes / blankets for the first few weeks -check
- Figure out how to work monitor - check
- Put finishing touches on nursery - check
We have been busy up in the nursery. This last weekend we pretty much finished up the essentials in the nursery and feel pretty ready to go in terms of organization...at least. Below are a few photos I took with my phone so they aren't the greatest of quality.
There are couple of more things to hang and a little touch up here or there, but it looks great and I'm so pleased. We have everything we need from car seats to strollers to rockers, books, toys, clothes, blankets....Baby Kuhn is not missing out on anything! .
Last week, my department also hosted a small baby shower for me, tricking me to the rooftop of the Rehab Hospital by telling me someone wanted a 3 year proposal for our programs and services and information on making a million dollar gift ( I should have known that was untrue ). I did not notice that our department had cleared out as I sprinted waddled as fast as I could across the street and up to the roof top (I even took the stairs because I thought it would be faster).... Of course they all wondered why I was out of breath when I got up there... LOL.
Anyway, we had a great time having pizza, soda, water and my favorite cupcakes! The crew and the many well wishers that stopped by during the shower were very generous with outfits, blankets, bath toys, bath towels, toys, books and the big gift of our high chair. It was a fun get together and lots of well wishes were paid, as well as, fears discussed of what will happen while I am on maternity leave. It's nice to feel needed, but I have a feeling everyone will be just fine and will enjoy the respite of my emails, note passing and post it reminders not only all over the office, but also in regards to my white binder that I have put together for while I am on leave...I have heard them poking fun of me, I recognize I have been intense at work or as Gene would call it Prego Crazy...and I really don't care. ;)
( Not my best look...I will be thrilled to have my high heels and suits back eventually! )
The nursery looks great -looks like you're all set!
ReplyDelete