Today was thankfully uneventful. The nurse practitioner did a little bit of educating, saying I needed to start wearing tie shoes for better support (I believe that's code for go buy some new shoes), what symptoms to not ignore, etc... In general things look as they should be, my belly was measuring within normal limits, blood pressure has remained stable, we did another non-stress fetal monitoring test and that all looked good, but took longer than expected because Baby Kuhn decided to take a snooze just as they strapped the device on and had to be woken up (just by making me move more on my side, not by anything weird like I have read about), which he or she was not happy about (definitely a trait baby is getting from mommy, daddy doesn't get quite as worked up and furious about being woken up).
We also went for a growth scan ultra-sound today. Bubba is growing like a champ and was measuring over 6 pounds (give or take 17 ounces, talk about scientific) but again we were told that everything looked pretty normal and would hear more about the ultrasound results at our next appointment, if not sooner.
We did get a few good shots of Bubba today, already a ham mugging for the camera. The pic below (particularly the last one) is just of Bubba's face, check out the chubby cheeks on this little one?! I will admit this is the first ultrasound pic (and I'm only talking about the last one) where I could make out exactly what they were taking a picture of, so maybe my maternal instincts are starting to settle in. For the most part we are ready to go, bags are packed, pre-admission paperwork is filled out and we don't figure it will be too long before we are truly a family of three.
p.s. Don't worry if you can't make anything out in these pics, they are kind of small, though the top one you can see Bubba's hand up by his or her face, I don't see it but it's there.

No comments:
Post a Comment