Monday, May 7, 2012

Just for posterity!

Just got my hands on this picture and figured I better post it, so at least it's documented somewhere... I have big plans to keep pictures organized, etc...  Though big plans for things I really would like to do sometimes get tossed to the back burner and things that we need to get done come first (i.e. laundry, grocery shopping, unpacking essentials, figuring out our window covering situation, you know normal stuff). 

This picture of Gene & I is from March 9, 2012 -  We closed on the house in the morning and this was taken that evening in our foyer (24 weeks pregnant).  Looking a little tired, but we still needed to post our first photo and first night at the new house! 


We are a little behind in our blogging. 

We had a great weekend a week or so ago with lots of out of town guests, celebrating Bubba at the baby shower and giving tours of our new house.   I believe it's taking us me some time to recover.   We are prepping for our nursery furniture to arrive tomorrow (probably another good taste of reality); paint has been touched up, trim is being worked on and the closet has been scrubbed and received a fresh coat of paint so we can fill it with all the new items Bubba has acquired...  Babies sure do have a lot of stuff!  Lucky kid!!   

I'll post some progress pictures soon of the nursery, as well as, recap the great shower!  I'm still overwhelmed by everyone's love and generosity it was great to have so many friends come from such a long way and to also be thought of by friends and family that couldn't make it; you all were missed and were far too generous, not to mention the fact that you missed out on some excellent cake and cucmber sandwiches, which I thoroughly enjoyed and could totally go for some of both today!   YUM!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment