I'm often asked how we decided on Parker's name. I usually start by saying that I liked it cause it's a strong name and should carry her well through life, which I think is true (no pressure P, but Law School is in your future, as well as the Olympics...DREAM BIG! It never hurt anyone!).
The reality is, Gene and I had talked about the name Parker long before we were pregnant or even thinking about trying. We both liked it, thought it was unique and different and we never really strayed from it once we knew we were expecting... When I asked what we had while on the operating table, Gene said... "We have a Parker!" and I knew we had a little girl.
Today I read an article that the name Parker is in the Top 25 of Hottest Baby Girl Names for 2013...
So P when you are 10 and want to be called Samantha like I wanted or insist your name is short for Katherine, like I thought mine was, just because it would be cooler...please note your parents (unlike your Grandma and Grandpa) were trendsetters (and in case you were wondering...that makes us cool).
http://www.fitpregnancy.com/baby/baby-names/hottest-new-baby-girl-names
(No offense Mom and Dad...I'm ok with my name now....) LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment